Sunday, January 5, 2014

are you awesome?

I decided to make my first batch of chili today. I am making a betty crocker recipe in the crock pot.  I'm not even a chili fan, but it seemed like a nice winter meal. I really hope it turns out well, but if not I told my fiancé we will order pizza. haha.

Anyways, listen to what my fiance asked me last night. I was hanging our menu on the fridge and he says to me, "So your awesome now?"   hahahah. The first thing I did was laugh. What and the hell is he talking about? what kind of question is that? I asked him what he meant, and he asks me again, "are you like awesome now?" I still wasn't sure what he meant. so he finally says, "because your doing all this stuff now." Me, "you mean like making a menu for this week?" "haha yeah." So I tell him I'm a super mom now. One of the things we end up doing is making fun of me. That sounds so terrible, but I start it, he just laughs at me.

I'm such a dork, I always come up with these brilliant ideas that end up being terrible ideas. And I always have some project going on. Like one week I loved cooking and I finally tried out all my pinterest recipes, so he comes home from work, and I say "I'm a chef now." haha. He just giggles at me. Then one time I was putting Lamora's new toys together and I hated the way they made it, so I was bitchin and saying what i would have done differently and I said to him, "I should be a toy maker." hahah. So far, that has been the funniest one. After I realized what I said, I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt and I couldn't stop laughing. My fiancé got a good kick out of it too.

So what makes me awesome this week? I found some really good advice on someone's blog about how she takes inventory of her pantry. She can look at what she has then and decide what to make. She also likes to use up what she has before she buys more groceries. I thought that was a really good idea because I end up buying stuff weekly and spending about a hundred bucks a week at walmart. So the other night when my fiancé was at work, I took inventory of all my cupboards and my freezer. It was a little time consuming but I drank a couple beers before I decided to do it, and it wasn't so bad.

Anyways my chili turned out really well. My fiancé added cheezits to his, I just ate mine as was and it was great. It's very filling. We will be having leftovers tomorrow. My favorite! who else loves not having to cook all day?

These two get to have all the fun while mommy cooks =)

No comments:

Post a Comment