Friday, January 3, 2014

my halloween party

 My fiancé and I LOVE Halloween! We do all of our shopping at the dollar tree and let me tell you, they have GOOD stuff there! last year we got quite a few things and decorated our living room like crazy but this year, we have a bigger house to decorate with a basement! So we are having a Halloween party! unfortunately we only have about 4 friends to invite but I am still going all out.
             About 3 weeks ago I was in a crafting mood. So PINTEREST to the rescue, I started looking up Halloween crafts. There were quite a few things I found and liked but I don't have a lot of materials. So with what I have a started a few projects for upstairs.




I put tacks in the wall, used black string and made a web. then I cut spiders out of black paper, hung some of the ring spiders from the dollar store, and topped it off with white cop web.



Such an easy project! Cut some bats out of black paper and hang them from the roof or put on the wall.




There was a much better looking one on pinterest that inspired me, but you work with what you got.
I cut a big circle out of a cardboard box, painted it orange, put the white polka dots on it, then painted the
pumpkin on it. The hardest part of this was the roses out of newspaper. It was my first time doing this and when I first started I only had white glue. totally impossible! so I bought a hot glue gun to finish them, so much better but not a lot of fun making these roses. I glued them all around the board then decided to put some ribbon on it.






inspiration from Halloween Calendar
They made it seem a lot more difficult than it could be! I got a black posterboard from the dollar store, cut 1/3 off of it for the top, drew out the bat then the bubble and cut the shape out. I found the witch and the house offline and printed it out, glued them on, but it was too boring so I painted the tree and gravestones and stuff. I painted everything else. It was so simple and I do believe that everyone should have one of these in their house! be creative, you can put anything you want on it!




My mother has ugly plants all over the house. I finally found something useful to do with it! I made flowers out of crepe paper (streamers) and taped them on the plant, then put some ring spiders on it. it gave our diaper station a Halloween look.
inspiration from Dead Fairies





Wall display. just print out some spooky pictures off the internet, get some dollar picture frames,
and you have an easy Halloween look.  

I got this little box  from the Dollar Tree, and put on my end table in the living room.
It's perfect to put all the remote controls in.


Now this is just the upstairs! I started on the basement and have a lot of cool things started down there for our party but haven't taken any picture yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment