Monday, January 6, 2014

our day

Well we just had chili leftovers and they were way better than last night! It thickened up from sitting all night. Even my mom asked me how I got it so thick and said it was really good. (She wouldn't admit it was better than hers) haha. And now we are just sitting around watching TV all day. We are watching Grimm season 2. Thankfully me and my fiance have the same taste in TV shows, although not much else in common.  What do you do with your family all day? I've always been curious what other people do with their lives? My fiance works a block shift on Wednesday at 7am til Friday at 3 pm so he is home a lot with me and we just sit around and watch TV. And of course I play with my little munchkin all day. She has been extra wound up lately. I've been having a lot of fun with her. She's trying a lot of new things and its awesome to watch her learn. I've actually been introducing sign language to her. I only know a few basic signs but I read that it will lead to less tantrums if they have a way to communicate what she wants or needs since she doesn't know how to put it to words yet. If your interested, here's a few basic ones to try out.

2.1 Mom

Parents are the most important people in a baby’s life, so mom and dad make great starter signs.
Mom is signed by taking your open dominant hand and tapping the thumb against your chin.
Mom in Baby Sign Language
Mom in Sign Language

2.2 Dad

The signs for mom and dad are similar, however, the mom sign is performed on the chin and the dad sign is performed higher up on the forehead.
Dad is signed by taking your open dominant hand and tapping it against your forehead.
Dad in Baby Sign Language
Dad in Sign Language

2.3 Eat

Babies are very interested in signs related to food, making eat and milk good starter signs. The sign for eat looks like you are holding some food and bringing it to your mouth. To sign eat, hold your fingers and thumbs together, then move them toward and then away from your mouth.
Eat in Baby Sign Language
Eat in Sign Language

2.4 Milk

The sign for milk looks like you are milking a cow. You start with an open hand, then you make it into a fist, then open the hand again and repeat. You can use the same sign for breast milk, formula, or cow’s milk depending on which one you are using at the time.
Milk in Baby Sign Language
Milk in Sign Language



2.5 Dog

We end with a fun sign, dog. Take your dominant hand and pat it against your leg as if you are calling a dog.
Dog in Baby Sign Language
Dog in Sign Language

No comments:

Post a Comment